Saturday, April 18, 2009

9 Weeks....with 30 to go.......

Cori and Brett have so much on their plates right now. Trying to organize moving away from Sioux Falls, moving to Missouri...Leaving their first home....moving into their new home...Many exciting adventures await....But there is a tinge of sadness in the air as well. Both Cori and Brett are leaving a home, family and friends... childhood homes filled with memories, experiences and a feeling of community...They will come to understand what a special home Sioux Falls has been. Their relationships with family will continue to strengthen and visits from family will treasured time.

Lloyd and Deb Albers have been so wonderful to Cori. I know how hard this will be for Deb to have Brett and Cori living away. The Albers are just good people. I know how excited they are for their family to expand...Grandchildren are the best....(so I have been told by most everyone I know who is a Grandparent.)

Cori called me yesterday to remind me she was 9 weeks into her adventure. She wanted me to promise her at 12 weeks the sickness would go away and she would get back to feeling human. We shared a good laugh I crossed my fingers and said SURE YOU WILL......

What memories her experience brings back...I smile when I think...I did live through my pregnancies...all 4 of them.....but at the time....I was sure I wouldn't make month 4....

I did sent Cori a care package of Ginger goodies....Hopefully the ginger will help.

This past week has been very busy for me.....yet in the midst of busy...came huge blessings....I am still a believer in late night conversations outside under the stars...with someone who you happen to think is pretty amazing....makes me feel more like 25 and alot less like 48....with the exception of my alarm going off at 5:30 am...brought me back to reality very quickly....feeling 25 is exhilarating....being 48 is a little slower off the start.....feeling like permanent snooze...

I will say the evenings this time of the year are why we all live in Arizona...warm, clear sky's, brilliant stars, orange and jasmine blossoms....

Its an evening out with my friends.....Will return and report later...

Carla

No comments: