Thursday, April 23, 2009

Saying Good-Bys...

Tonight Cori's text was plain and simple. We are all moved out....with a sad blue frowny face. When she called and poured out her heart...I understood what she is feeling, sad about leaving Brett's family and friends, excited about the new adventure and possibilities. Maryville will be a great place for the Albers to call home for the next couple of years. I know Cori and Brett will make the most of their time there, making new friendships, working hard and getting involved in the community. I am so grateful both Cori and Brett are very outgoing...and of course very optimistic...their glass is over flowing .... There is a little spirit who is coming to bless their home...I told Cori....being a mom is the easiest thing....once they hand you that little bundle of joy...you instantly fall in love....all over again....As a mother that connection is life long and deepens with every experience we share with our children. There is something so right with wanting to check in with mom especially when Mom's can make everything so right. It's been so awesome to talk to Cori daily to follow her on this adventure.

Tuesday evening Ethan and I went to meet Griffin and Jackie downtown for dinner and a Diamondback Baseball game. Jackie's dad has 4 of the most amazing seats....5 rows up directly behind the Diamondback dugout at 3rd base....Seriously amazing seats....we had a great time. The evening was beautiful...It was so fun to people watch....and have the time to visit with Griffin and Jackie. We had a great time....

This week has been busy work wise. Hard in one sense as I have worked closely with families I know who have experience great loss. Again....saying Good by is so very hard.... Even with the knowledge of the Gospel, Plan of Salvation (Happiness) and all we have been taught as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints....Death is the hardest trial of all...In my opinion. Death comes in many ways prolonged sickness, sudden accidents, sudden health problems....each visit brings heartfelt questions to family and friends...Why? Why me? Why us? in light of everything I know and feel....the tears always come and my heat feels for the families I serve. I am so very grateful for the daily opportunity I have to not only acknowledge my numerous blessings but to embrace every minute, hour and day I have on this earth. I am so very blessed with my children and the relationships I have with each one of them. My dear friends who are my family...good health, a great sense of humor (which I also use daily) and an optimistic spirit...My life is always brimming over....

There is something very magical about great girl friends....that small inner circle of friends who really become your sisters.....the girls who unconditionally love, always support, are there to whether the storms of life, inspire, encourage and share an inside story, joke or laugh. I have been so blessed in the Girl Friend Department...Thank you up above!!!

Yes it's true...I do have a facebook page....ok...how fun is facebook? I am in touch with old friends, my kids friends, and family in Utah....it's been great to get caught up....it's so amazing to see the little ones I use to know grow into adults who are developing their gifts and talents and living their lives...and having children....a signal that the years pass quickly...way to fast.

I have never been one for saying good by.....I like to feel that the relationships I hold most dear to me are eternal in nature and lasting.....Leaving behind those you love means only miles...real relationships take root and continue to grow and deepen with time...and in every case distance. Love knows no boundary of distance, miles, days, months years....Love is the greatest gift of all...

Love is eternal....

Sleep well my little one....and take good care of your mommie and daddy.....

Grammy

No comments: