Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sugar and Spice....

Tonight I asked Kylie if she would use her sparkle and shin to help me in changing the look of my blog.....She is the very creative and talented one. As you can see...my landscape has changed...Thank you Kylie... I love the pink polka dot with the black bow....very Jackie Kennedy....

Kylie is feeling pink these days as she feels Cori will have a little princess....~Watch me dance, watch me twirl there is a Princess in every Girl~. Oh Thank Heaven for Little Girls....Think Pink...Sugar and Spice and everything Nice....There is no question little girls are divine.

As we have talked Cori has never mentioned leaning more towards pink or blue...Healthy yes....
10 perfectly formed fingers and toes, two eyes, one nose...hair would be nice....all though optional...I would lean towards blue blue eyes.....and of course gorgeous olive skin with huge dimples...and a contagious and adventurous personality....PLUS....

As I have shared this great news with my own sweet mom, she is just thrilled. She has told me many times ~Grand Children are God's Gift to love, spoil and send home with their parents~ Of course my cute mom is already concerned and planning a head by buying lots of diapers, soft blankets, undershirts, socks.. As I have blogged before...my mom is an underwear fanatic...you can never have enough underwear....(thanks mom!). She asks me every time I see her when the baby is coming...My mom was amazing with newborn babies...She had no fear of anything, especially the dreaded first bath.....screaming baby in tow...she would carefully place my baby in the kitchen sink and get started ....I was a nervous wreck....seriously....there were so many times I thought to myself.....if babies only came with instructions....and then I realized babies do come with instructions....a Grandmother....a mother who is seasoned...well trained, fearless, loving, patient and kind. There are precious feelings only a mother and grand mother can share....

It hard for me to get my arms around how quickly 24 years has blown by....I remember those grim days of feeling sick, being sick and wondering if I would really survive...and I did....The bonus of this new role for me is.....I get all of the benefits......and I am not sick, won't have the weight gain....and will leave the hospital feeling amazing....BONUS!!!!!! Life is good!

I was talking to my dear friend Laura....we decided it would only be right for her to also be present when our little soul makes their entrance. Laura and I have been life long friends, we have shared the amazing, wonderful, impossible, timeless, obstacles, heartbreak, birth, death, marriage, divorce and now....GRAND BABIES..... Cori is excited to have us all.....How fabulous...she has this brand new house with room!!!

Cori, Grama wanted me to tell you....she knows you will be a great mommy...and that you and Brett will take such good care of your little one.

For right now....I am not completely in the Sugar and Spice camp....nor the Snakes and Snails and Puppy dog tails....I am pretty much in the neutral gender camp...makes no difference to me....

A special note of thanks to all of you, who have checked in with your well wishes for Cori.....We have been blessed with such great friends......Your constant communication, well wishes and prayers have made such a difference ....Thank you...

Life is so good. I have been so blessed....I am so thankful to a loving Father in Heaven who has paved the way for my eternal family. There is nothing sweeter and more profound than the experience of creation and birth. Certainly not more humbling. The magic and sense of wonder a new life brings provides the encouragement to live strong, choose wisely and love unconditionally....

When I talked to Cori on Sunday I asked her....How are you feeling? and how is my Grand baby? what a wonderful sound to that question. Cori is starting to pack and getting into full time moving mode...she was tired...My grand baby was fine...just fine.

Cori and little one...sweetest dreams to you....

I am sending love, stars and pixie dust your way...

Love Mom

1 comment:

Brett & Emily soon to be Randall said...

so happy for you babaE1 your going to be a great and way too fun grandma!!! love you oh so much!