Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm not in Kansas anymore....

as my plane about blew off the runway as we made a bumpy landing into Sky Harbor late Monday night.....I just returned from spending a long week end with Cori and Brett in Maryville Missouri. We had a great time....talking, laughing, catching up on hugs, kisses and driving around the Albers new community...What a fabulous little town...rolling hills, gorgeous green trees, lush lawns, fragrant lilac bushes...and cute homes. Cori and Brett are settling into a darling home, the perfect home for their family. We spent sometime in their hot tub...which was awesome...you would have thought someone threw a bucket of stars into the sky....on that clear night. I was privileged to experience a Thunderstorm Missouri style....and much cooler weather....More importantly I savored every minute of conversation with Cori. She has grown into a beautiful, confident woman who has extraordinary talents. She puts her talents to work everyday.

I was able to just wind down and enjoy myself.. Its amazing what a few restful days can do to renew one's spirit, clear the cobwebs from ones mind and come home refreshed and ready to accomplish my dreams. I am so grateful for my children. There is no feeling like being close to your children....hugs, kisses, girls day out....we had a blast. I feel rested and at peace knowing the Albers are thriving each and every day. Cori is doing so well. She is getting back into the routine of her busy life and schedule. Brett and Cori are both pretty big deals at their new store. Both have huge responsibilities....they are thriving....

What mother doesn't love her daughter spoiling her by cooking her favorite things...and if she is not cooking a few of mom's favorite things then at least driving her to Taco Johns for a Taco Bravo....Yummy!

I am so very blessed. No doubt about the constant stream of heavenly blessings and tender mercies flowing from above to me and my children. Almost feels like a constant shower of love, peace, good health, humor, forgiveness, acceptance, friendship, great communication and family. All of the ingredients mothers gently fold into their family mix, all tried and tested...

Tonight is Emily Lewis's wedding reception. Kylie is a brides made...I need to get ready to go and see her....

Blessings......(and yes Ben....save me a piece of chicken)

Carla

No comments: