Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Life's little treasures....

I am sitting down composing my thoughts and feeling almost giddy.....I had a simply amazing day. I started to reflect on the little treasures that continually make my life so grand...What surprised me was how many new treasures I am constantly adding to my treasure chest...When I think of my greatest treasures, my children are front and center. Seriously they are each amazing in their own right, all are great conversationalist, each are interesting, knowledgeable across the board, opinionated (yes they all take after me!), fearlessly running after their dreams, each blessed with compassion, humor and charity. Each willing to serve their family, friends and in their communities. Its so rewarding to see them each succeed and exhilarating to be able to experience their victories with them....Its humbling to share every aspect of their lives.

Another little treasure is taking time to STOP and count my blessings. Sitting out in the sun, enjoying a moment in bookstore, Starbucks with Ethan, Golden Spoon with Kylie...Sushi with Griffin, Taco Johns with Brett and Cori....The feeling of my freshly fluffed feather bed and pillows... NICE....watching Twilight, reading a great book, teaching my Sunday School class, great friends, breakfast at Crackers, the perfect evening, stars, Sonic ice, the smell of jasmine, good health, a perfect hair day, phone call from a good friend who is traveling through Windom, Minnesota, finding the perfect pair of reading glasses, great fingernails...the perfect red nail polish, a pedicure, a crush, hallmark cards, living in the moment and with passion..and the list goes on...

I love the quote ~" Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."~

One of my greatest treasures is feeling happiness, joy, the sense of great accomplishment in my life. Being at peace with myself and learning to dance in the rain.

Next time you see feel the skies darken, the winds start to blow and the storm is raging....grab your dance partner and start dancing like you mean it and you will find the silver lining that awaits you on the other side.

Take an inventory of your little treasures tonight....you will be astonished how blessed your life is.....

Infinite blessings ....

Sweet dreams....

Carla

2 comments:

Brett and Em Randall said...

im going to do just that! i need to remember the small things. I have so much to be grateful for! miss and love you!

carla said...

What a great post...just keep in mind...Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. You and Brett and laying a strong foundation! Enjoy the time you have with each other this summer. Enjoy those late night conversations, that big gulp, Brett's amazing sense of humor, that hot shower, warm towels right out of the dryer, knowing you are loved and missed like craze....and most of all....enjoy the moment....

Love you both so much...

Carla