Monday, June 15, 2009

A Monday that feels like Friday....

You know its a good day on a Monday, when you roll out of bed early with no alarm, are having the almost perfect hair day (prior to ANY COMB being run through your hair), its 73 degrees at 5:45 am in the middle of June, I assembled the perfect wardrobe and accessories in under 15 minutes (a new world record and personal best time for me) and felt completely put together as I was rushing out the door. I have come to RELISH Fridays and almost despise Mondays....However I decided to experiment this week. My Friday was the BOMB....dinner at Joe's BBQ with my gal pals....great ~Chick~ conversation, mild flirting going on with those patiently waiting in the order here line. I thought my luck was about to change when this tall, dark and devastatingly handsome man smiled and asked me....What I would recommend off the menu....Of course my thoughts immediately turned to....PICK ME....

Alison, Becky and I were laughing so hard....it was impossible to properly answer this handsome man....So I invited him to sit down next to me....and as the story were to play out....He told us he had just finished tubing down the Salt River....and his entire family were at Joe's...for the first time....I suggested ....let's see...I can't remember ...but then when we started talking about work....I told him the three of us amigos worked in a Funeral Home...He smiled and said he was very familiar with our line of work and often lent a hand where and when he could....Then the truth came out as I probed further to see what part of the valley he lived in...He smiled and said he was visiting from Indiana...and that he was a Pastor....(Gulp.....I saw my life pass before me...mildly flirting with a man of the cloth.. BTW Just my Luck....or Not) so we laughed even harder....

Then comes Monday....the day that signifies putting the week end behind and starting all over again....grinding out the 40 hours needed to equal another full week....with the carrot being another Friday only 5 days away.

I decided this morning as the usually mundane details of my morning routine were so easily falling into place...Why Not Think and Feel Friday....even on a Monday....so I did and I am happy to report my day was amazing...

My Funeral Service was perfect, I was told I exceeded the expectations of my family....which made me smile....I received many hugs and a kiss for my service rendered....The cemetery was gorgeous...a light breeze, unbelievably beautiful, the dove release was the high light....The eternal contrast of the white doves against the blue sky gave everyone a reason to stop and give pause for their extraordinary beauty and grace.

I felt such gratitude for my team as were able to help this family during their grief.

A Monday that feels like a Friday is nothing short of miraculous....But then again....isn't that how life is.....

Carla

1 comment:

Brett and Em Randall said...

u would flirt with a pastor!!! haha thats so funny i laughed out loud!! I also had a great monday, sales were good, weather was beautiful! so wonderful!! love you