Thursday, June 4, 2009

Word Power.....

Kylie picked me up from work today and as we were driving home she said...Mom you really need to read Emily's blog...she was blogging about you. I sat down to read her sweet post. Emily is darling....it's been nearly a month since she and Brett were married. They decided to embark on a grand adventure this summer working in North Carolina. Emily is amazing she not only has a million dollar smile....but personality plus....sales is right up her alley. She is working a very demanding and difficult sales job, not to mention being away from home, trying to settle a new home with a new husband...many new and exciting changes....but she is working with PEOPLE.....easy to understand how that in itself could get you down. Nothing can ruin a neighborhood faster than neighbors...to quote my good friend Dan Boyum...(Boone)

I started thinking about my own week at home, work, with family, with friends.....then I thought about how easy it is to have one negative thought start a cascade of self doubt. Words are the basis of our communication. Without words communication would be very challenging. We are constantly thinking...our minds never shut off....we may feel the need to re boot at times but essentially we are thinking 24/7/365....so what do you think about? what words do you use?

I would love to share some of my favorite words...Love, Gratitude, Faith, Hope, Charity, Compassion, Inspire, Passion, Joy, Wisdom, Bliss, Happiness, Accomplishment, Peace, Tranquil, Confidence, Spontaneous, Humor, Wit, Charming, Self-made, Secure, Knowledgeable, Nobility...

Some of my favorite sayings.....

1. Bless Your Heart.
2. You must be the Change you wish to see in the World.
3. Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
4. You have on the Ruby Red Slippers..
5. You have the ability to change the world.
6. Thoughts become things.
7. Be intentional.
8. Count your many blessings.
9. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2
10. Merry Christmas!
11. Sweet Dreams!
12. Pixie Dust makes everything just a little bit better.
13. Eyes are the windows to your soul.
14. Play full on.
15. Embrace life, love and your passion.

As I am typing these very meaningful words, thoughts and phrases I am invigorated, inspired and feel as though I just climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. It's amazing how we have the ability to control and change our thoughts at anytime.

We all have MOMENTS.....sometimes DAYS....and even YEARS...that are hard and seem unbearable. Keep in mind...Words are power...words that uplift and inspire can and will also slay those negative dragons that love to deflate our dreams. Each of us has a mission to complete and time frame in which to accomplish our dreams.

I am listening to my wind chimes...which by the way are blowing and chiming in the breeze tonight....Makes me feel......Fabulous....love to hear those chime....Music is also a very powerful way to change your mood....instantaneously ...Uplifting music that resonates within our hearts...and a great Book....and yes for me....Twilight makes me feel instantly better...(yes I am a huge Fan-Pire.....)

Emmy...I know you are along way from home....which is only distance.....Love knows no distance.. Don't be discouraged...you are where you need to be, doing what you need to be doing...and your husband is right by your side.

Make a list of Power Words.....Use them daily...and when those little negative thoughts try to make their way in.....hold up your STOP sign and STOP what your thinking....and bring into play your power words....it's amazing how quickly everything will turn around.

Treasure those heartfelt moments, cherish the new experiences and relish the sweet memories you are creating...

I love you back.....and big....

Mama Carla

1 comment:

Kim said...

Carla I love you! You are so inspiring to me! I loved this post and I love the advice and love you always give to all of us! :)Love ya tons!