Friday, July 3, 2009

My Thought List...

I have always had a love and passion for ~Great Thoughts~. I find myself frequenting a couple web sites that are filled with inspiring, exhilarating, stimulating and encouraging thoughts, quotes and sayings.

Most of the contributors are or were ordinary people with extraordinary vision, determination and chutzpah. The one common denominator in those who think and live positively is they live by faith...not fear....They are willing to pay the price of failure to experience the thrill of winning, succeeding and crossing the finish line. Ordinary human beings who in the twinkling of an eye transform fear into courage and muster the strength complete the task required. Persistence prevails when all else fails.

I am fortunate, my nature is tenacious and persistent. I have spent the last 5 years working diligently on become reacquainted with myself. Marriage, children, career and divorce have a way of changing one's perception. I have come to accept that no one is responsible for my happiness or fulfillment...only me. Which has turned out to be one of my greatest blessings...not always easy or comfortable but no one can walk in my shoes but me. Learning to accept and love myself has been key in my healing,. One of highlights from my road less traveled has been developing a love of reading material that is high energy, spiritual and inspiring on a daily basis. I have come to understand this is ~Soul Food~ for me. I will share just a few of my favorite thoughts....Read with care....be open to gratitude, change and personal inspiration. My hope is you too will seek out of the best thoughts daily for a little inspiration. My dad has always told me ~Rome wasn't built in a day...and it didn't burn over night....~ translated...means....change is a one step at a time process, you can't possibly do it all right now, nor would you really want to. Get to know who you are, how you feel and what inspires you.





“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest” - Mark Twain

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Christopher Robin to Pooh

“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”

If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. Thomas A. Edison

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Albert Einstein

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2

You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Edison



Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be - Abraham Lincoln

Some have the bucket list....I will continue to grow My ~Thought List~....I would love to hear your thoughts....

Carla



No comments: