Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Realm Of Possibilities.....

Who would have thought...a very quiet and profound inspiration while attending a funeral service would literally change the course of my life?? As I sat in the congregation I was touched by the sweet tributes to an extraordinary man, a man I did not have the privilege of knowing in life. His darling wife came to see me, remembering my service to another family member I had recently served. There was an instant bond as we sat done to make final arrangements. I can't explain that bond, or the instantaneous love I feel for the families I serve. The associated and lead pastor were absolutely incredible. Their deep connection to the family and those within their congregation is real and moving. As members of the family started to gather for a family prayer the lead pastor was there to embrace each family member, offer his sincere condolences and gather them much I like envision the Savior gathering his children around him to provide, love, comfort and guidance at life's most difficult times.

It was in one quiet moment as the prelude music swept over me...I heard that still small voice talk to my heart....and pierce my soul. The tears started to flood my eyes...yet I felt so calm....such peace embraced me..and in that very small moment I not only knew...I felt the direction of my life change...and with courage and faith I decided to walk down the path. I have always been a hard worker...with amazing doors of opportunity opening at just the right time...In recent years I have felt very frustrated with my career path and the options available to me. My gift is the ease in which people are drawn to me. I have been told by many friends...My personality if like a giant magnet....I attract people into my life. Along my way I have learned to never under estimate the power of kindness, the importance of righteous influence and networking.

Today I am taking my gifts/talents and knowledge to a new level and launching my own consutling company....Doing the work I love, teaming with the families/churches/service organizations I have great relationships with. I

I have much work to do...I have great friends who are helping me every step of the way...another blessing...friends who encourage and inspire me!

I have made the leap ....I am breathing...living and embracing this place I am in... and learning to ALWAYS TRUST in that still small voice. I have heard...~the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step~ I am present in the realm of my possibiilties....

Life live with intensitey and purpose...

Carla

1 comment:

Brett and Em Randall said...

i love listening for that still small voice that can be so subtle yet so powerful. good luck in your journey!