Friday, November 13, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Today as the brisk temperatures, overcast skies and very cool breeze ushered in the long awaited arrival of fall...I couldn't help but smile....The Holiday's are my favorite time of the year... I love the change in seasons, but I treasure the changes of heart that we have the opportunity to experience. Thanksgiving is a day to truly give thanks for the multitude of blessings we each enjoy... family, friends, good health, living in a free country, endless opportunities for education and business, food and shelter. All of the little blessings that combined make life so grand.

Then December...What a fabulous month...31 whimsical days of preparation, decorating the house and tree, baking, shopping, touching base with those we love, Temple lights, Christmas music, caroling, celebrating, brilliant red, green, white, silver and gold lights. Sugar Cookies, Chex Mix, Carmel Popcorn, pine and cinnamon smells..Cherish movies...It's a Wonderful Life, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman and of course The Grinch who stole Christmas just to name a few. Every time I watch George Baily struggle with that age old question of...Does my life really matter? My heart is warmed when Clarence answers him and says....~ Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?~ I love the gentle reminder how vital each of us are on this earth.

December is a magical month... a month where random acts of kindness and service inspire those who's hearts are touched to "BELIEVE"....I love Christmas.... I love the story of Christ's birth in Luke especially chapter 2 verse 19, But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. As a mother, how often I have experienced that same feeling...The sheer wonder of creation and all of my blessings. I clearly see and feel the divine all around me. As a mother I see the God given potential in each of my children to live noble lives and to make a difference. Little do we know what lies ahead.. I "BELIEVE" the possibilities are endless, especially if we keep in mind..."We reap what we sow..." "We get what we give". Our ability to unconditionally love and forgive ourselves as well as others will unlock our hearts and minds to understand the power of living in the present, and accomplishing personal growth we never dreamed possible. To live with intensity and purpose.

I encourage each of you reading my blog, to leave a post. Tell me what you are grateful for and what you believe in. Bring the magic of this Holiday season to life. Dare to exercise the faith of your inner child. BELIEVE!

Carla

2 comments:

Brett and Emily said...

I believe in Christmas, i believe in the spirit it brings to all who will accept it and the feelings that come with it. thanksgiving and christmas remind me just how blessed I am. Lately I have thought my life is so rough and not happening how I want it to but than i look back and realize, although it may not be what I want I am blessed to have a job, a place to live, a husband who loves me, and family that would do anything for me. I am so grateful for this time of year so I can be reminded daily.

Jennette said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the season. I, too, am SOOOOO happy during this quarter of the year. All I want to do is allow my hands be the conduit that God uses to touch and love others.

God Bless, Jennette D