Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Baby Shower

We gathered together yesterday to celebrate Cori & Brett by showering them with love, support and little pink things. My two very dear friends asked if they could throw Cori a shower. Debbie and Laura are amazing "shower planners" and soon plans were underway to gather addresses, find the perfect invitations and most importantly to find the perfect place. Everything was planned to perfection. Cori and Brett arrived late Friday night.. It was so fun to see Cori.. she looks amazing and is such a beautiful little mommy to be. Friday was a play day as Laura flew in, we met up with my sweet niece Alex and my mom. Alex is getting married March 11 and shared her excitement and details of her upcoming wedding. My mom is so excited about her first "great-grand baby" we took her shopping and then to lunch. My mom has always enjoyed a special and close relationship with Cori while Cori loved spending time with her grandmother. We had a nice morning, following by an afternoon of connecting with Debbie, running errands and shopping for the shower. I have been blessed with such great friends...

When Laura, Debbie and I get to spend time together we make every minute count... running, shopping and talking... well into the wee hours of the morning. We also have great stories to share and many laughs to be had.

The shower was so fun... I want to thank my sweet friends who came to support Cori and Brett, for those unable to attend their cards of congratulations came pouring in.. Brett's grandparents who are wintering in Mesa.. came and joined the celebration.. they are just darling. We enjoyed seeing them so much. Karen's gift of "baby RayBan's" may have just top the gotta have list. It was so fun to have you all there... A heartfelt thank you to all who attended....

It was "Bliss" to have my children all together. What a blessing to have such incredibly nice kids. We spent the afternoon together getting in a photo shoot, catching dinner and a movie. My kids love my friends who have been such an integral part of their lives showering them with love, advice and inspiration. It's so fun to all get together and spend time talking, laughing and reminiscing. It's so rewarding to see my children growing into great friends who love, respect and support each other. The next few days will be spend together, pampering Cori and Brett, taking in favorite restaurants, spending time with grandparents and treasured friends...

I am so blessed... Today as I blog while the rain gently falls outside.. I am reminded of the truly important relationships in my life. There is nothing more important than feeling connected to your children and knowing they feel equally connected to you.. the A baby is a celebration of life, opportunity and hope... Cori, you and Brett will be such good parents. You have spent time planning and preparing, reading and getting ready... The love you and Brett share will be passed on to your little one. Your little daughter will grown up in a home where love is the foundation. Kind words, encouragement and teamwork will serve your family well. I am so excited and thrilled I am such a huge part of your joy!

A baby shower.... the perfect way to usher in our anticipation of the Stork's arrival... in June...

No comments: